Insurance Digital Health Innovation Index – Introduction
Galen Growth is pleased to share with you this inaugural report indexing the most active insurance companies in the Digital Health innovation ecosystem around the globe.
Following on from the first-of-its-kind Pharmaceutical Innovation Index published by Galen Growth in November 2021, we have now assessed the Digital Health venture portfolio of each insurance company, through an analysis of their strategic focus on the customer and the potential success of the ventures contained within their portfolio.
This Index gives a snapshot of the strengths and weaknesses of the top 35 insurers’ portfolios to date and enables a qualified look forward towards choosing the next generation of Digital Health venturing partners.
With unmatched, unparalleled and indispensable coverage of the globe’s Digital Health ecosystems, this report is powered by HealthTech Alpha, a Galen Growth proprietary solution, and the world’s leading on-demand Digital Health private market data, intel and insights platform.
Insurance Digital Health Innovation Index – Contents
- Insurance Digital Health Innovation Index
- Top 10 Insurers for Digital Health Strategy Score
- Top 10 Insurers for Digital Health Portfolio Strength
- Methodology behind the Innovation Index
- Profiles for top 5 insurers in each score
- Critical Success Factors
- Top 3 Digital Health ventures by number of partnerships with insurers
- Deep Dive on Digital Health Partnerships in Insurance
Insurance Digital Health Innovation Index – Key Insights
- The Insurance Digital Health Innovation Index looks at the top 35 insurers and Analysis of their strategic focus on the customer and the potential success of the ventures contained within their portfolio.
- Cigna takes the top spot in portfolio Strategy Score, indicating that they have been quick to focus their portfolio selection strategy to make an impact across the entire patient journey and patient disease areas.
- Kaiser Permanente takes the top spot in Portfolio Strength, indicating that they are partnering with mature ventures that have a proven leadership
- Reinsurers on average focus nearly 40% of their Digital Health venture portfolio on Reimbursement
- For insurers with small portfolios, the Digital Health focus has remained at Teleconsultation and Digital Health Insurance.
- For larger portfolios, the focus has clearly matured to include more strategic areas, including nearly all categories within the Treatment & Adherence area.
Among the ventures that are partnering with the top 35 insurers, Treatment & Adherence takes the top Strategic Area spot, with 28% of the ventures having Clinical Strength >1.
About Galen Growth
Founded by HealthTech innovators, Galen Growth solves global healthcare system pain points and to create significant financial and social values.
Source of Data
HealthTech Alpha, Galen Growth’s proprietary on-demand platform, is the data source for this report. With more than 200 million data points HealthTech Alpha is the leading Digital Health intelligence and analytics platform. Moreover, its coverage exceeds 12,000 Digital Health ventures globally. To find out more about our data, visit https://www.healthtechalpha.com/, or visit https://www.galengrowth.com/research for our reports.